Bachelor Rasam recipe without rasam powder
Here is an easy Rasam recipe for bachelors when they don’t have rasam powder at home. This rasam can be made easily instantly without adding Dal / Dal water. If u want to prepare a simple and yummy lunch or dinner after your long tired job, this recipe gives a helping hand. A bowl of rice with hot rasam drizzled with a tsp of ghee and Dal as side dish is the most comfortable & quickie food.
Try this recipe and let me know how it works for you..
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2
Ingredients needed: To Grind
- Tomato – 1
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera seeds -1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4 – 5 cloves
- Red chilies – 2
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Hing powder
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Salt – as needed
- Oil as needed
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Grind everything together – Ingredients given under To grind
- In a pan, add oil, mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves
- Add grounded paste and saute for 2 – 5 mins
- Add enough water
- Once froth starts forming on the top, switch off the gas. (do not boil the rasam ; it will not taste good).
Serve hot with Rice and dal 🙂
- Ghee give nice flavor to rasam. So if you like you can temper it with ghee.
- Adjust water quantity according to the thickness of the rasam.
- Dont boil the rasam – which is important to make a good rasam.
- Adjust the red chilies according to your spice level.
Thank you for watching! 🙂 Please like & Subscribe 🙂