- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4
- Chicken – 1/2 kg (More of bones)
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
- Chili powder – 2 tsp.
- Green chilies – 2
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- 2 bay leaves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon– 1 inch
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 4
- Fennel seeds / Soambu – 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeeragam – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns/Milagu – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds/Kasa Kasa – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
To garnish: (optional)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Wash and clean the chicken well. More of bones would be opt for chicken salna.
- For Masala: Heat oil in a pan. Add the spices – cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pepper corns, fennel and cumin seeds and roast it for few seconds. Then add poppy seeds, grated coconut and saute until coconut turns golden little brown
- Once it is cool completely, grind it to a fine powder
- In a Pressure cooker, heat oil, add cinnamon, bay leaves and fennel seeds.
- Add sliced onions and saute it to light brown color
- Then add masalas – turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste and ground masala. Give a nice stir as everything gets mixed well.
- Without delay, add sliced tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes until it turns soft.
- Add chicken pieces. Mix well.
- Check for salt. Add enough water as salna means it should be little watery.
- Now, Pressure cook for 3 – 5 whistles on a medium heat.
- Open the cooker lid, once the pressure is completely subsides. You can now feel the nice aroma of the freshly ground masala and oil floating on top of it..
Garnish with coriander leaves if you like to have in salna.
Unbeatable chicken Salna is ready to be enjoy with Parotta / Chapati /Idly/Dosa.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Mutton Kurma in 3 steps||https://youtu.be/KAfI2tN0PcQ|
|Chettinad chicken curry||https://youtu.be/8Rc9-0U3XyA|