Curd sandwich is a quick and easy sandwich to make. Very filling, delicious, colorful and healthy breakfast, especially in summer. We can also have this for lunch and snacks. Kids will love it even when they don’t like vegetables. It is a good way to include it in their diet.
Let’s see how to make Curd sandwich – Yogurt vegetable sandwich.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 5 – 10 mins
- Serves: 1
- Bread slices – 2
- Hung curd* – heaped – 2 tbsp.
- Cucumber – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Cabbage – 2- 3 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chili – 1
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder or paprika as needed
- Cheese – few tbsp.
- Butter/olive oil/Ghee to toast
- Making Hung Curd:- Strain the curd using strainer or cotton cloth or muslin cloth for 2 to 3 hours. It will give us thick creamy curd. This is optional. If you are going to use the sandwich after some time, consider using hung curd. If you are going to eat it immediately means, you can use just normal thick curd.
- Chop the Vegetables of your choice
- In a bowl, add all the chopped vegetables; Add hung curd, salt, pepper powder and green chili. Mix well.
- Sandwich spread is ready now. Spread it on one side of the bread. Sprinkle few cheese on top of it. Cover it with the other bread and press it well.
- Heat a tawa with little ghee or butter and toast both the sides of the sandwich.
- Cut into half or diagonally and enjoy it with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice
- You can also spread green chutney and tomato ketchup before curd spread
- Avoid green chili, if you are making this sandwich for kids
- You can also use the same spread with left over chapatti and make “Yoghurt veggie chapatti roll”
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.
Please like, share and subscribe.