Drumstick leaves botanical name is “Moringa oleifera”. English common names include: moringa, drumstick tree, horseradish tree, ben oil tree, or benzoil tree. The best medicine for most of the common diseases and it is the most suggested spinach variety for all the age groups. From the bottom to the end of the plant, every part such as the root, stem, branches, flowers, gum on the surface of the branches, vegetable and leaves are the raw materials for many medicines. If you have drumstick leaves in your kitchen garden, it is equal to having a doctor with you.
I cannot forget my childhood days where we grown up with all the healthy trees and plants with us. I was not aware of its value and benefits. But now I really feel bad and missing that environment. Sad that we are failed to maintain such healthy life. Never late. Consider including this miracle leaves in your diet at least once in a week. It contains enormous health benefits from a to z.
- Prep time – 10 mins
- Cook time – 10 to 20 mins
- Serves – 2
- Drumstick leaves – 1 cup tightly packed
- Pearl onions – 6
- Garlic – 4
- Tomato – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Toor dal or moong dal – 2 tsp (optional but i recommend)
- Drumstick leaves – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Wash drumstick leaves and discard the thick stem. You can use the tender stems, just ignore the center thick stems only
- Roughly chop tomatoes, pearl onions and garlic
- In a pressure cooker, add washed drumstick leaves, onion, garlic, tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, pepper powder, coriander powder
- Add 2 cups of water or enough water to cook it well
- Pressure cook for 4 to 6 whistles on a medium flame; Once the pressure subsides completely, open the pressure cooker
- Use stainless steel strainer and filter it by squeezing it tightly
- You can serve the soup now with little salt and pepper on top of it.
But, additionally consider doing this step:
- Grind the strained leaves in a blender along with the little filtered soup or warm water.
- Strain it again and squeeze tightly. Mix it with the remaining soup
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee and add reserved 2 tbsp drumstick leaves and pour it over the soup
Serve hot. This can be taken along with the meals for breakfast or lunch or can have it mid noon. But don’t take it after evening.
Hope you will try this soup and please let me know how it turns out.
- You can also cook it with 1 green chili and grind for a spicy taste if you like. But pepper will do this job perfectly
- You can also add 2 tsp of dal (Moong or toor dal) as an optional. It will give thick consistency and extra flavor to the soup
Amazing Benefits and Uses of Drumstick Leaves
- Protect the healthy eyes.
- Keep the healthy bone.
- Stimulate the nervous systems.
- Help to prevent heart disease.
- Boost your immune system.
- Prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- Increase the appetite.
- Act as the detoxifying agent.
- Control the blood sugar level in diabetes.
- Prevent constipation.
- Help to treat asthma.
- Help to treat acnes.
- Prevent hair loss.
- Help to treat arthritis.
- Control the blood pressure.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Murungai Keerai poriyal / Drumstick leaves / Moringa leaves||https://youtu.be/HU1zDZX7JeU|
|Creamy Cauliflower soup||https://youtu.be/eURH0crSCac|
|Sprouted moong dal dosa||https://youtu.be/yc9Sa35sIUo|
|Mutton Pepper fry||https://youtu.be/jbLQKQ9aPdw|
|Brussels sprouts stir fry||https://youtu.be/Bh-r1jkMkFQ|