Egg fried rice recipe
Egg Fried Rice is a popular Indo-Chinese dish often had in most of the restaurants. This egg fried rice is quite easy to make at home. It can be prepared with leftover rice also.
- Soaking time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 6
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Eggs – 10
- Ginger – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp.
- Carrot – 2
- Cabbage – 1/4
- Beans – 20
- Spring onions – Handful (Separate green and White)
- Chilli sauce – 2 tsp (Optional)
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop all the vegetables, ginger, garlic
- Soak rice for 30 minutes
- Boil water with salt and tbsp. of oil. Add the soaked rice. Cook rice as it should be 90% cooked. Do not overcook it.
- Once 90% cooked spread the rice on a paper towel or just spread it in a plate to remove any moisture from the rice or keep under fan. This step is very important to get the best fried rice with single strands of rice.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the eggs, a pinch of salt , some pepper powder and scramble the eggs. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped ginger, garlic and saute it for few seconds. Next add in Carrot, Cabbage, Beans , spring onions whites and cook until the veggies are half cooked. Do not overcook the vegetables to retain the crunchiness of it
- Then add the sauces – chili sauce, Soya sauce, required salt and mix it again.
- Then the scrambled eggs
- Add the cooked basmati rice.
- Mix everything very gently and carefully. Do not break the rice.
- Add freshly ground pepper (Preferably white pepper) and some spring onions greens for garnishing.
Our Delicious Veg Fried rice is ready. Serve with Chicken Manchurian or veg Manchurian or simple tomato ketchup
- You can also use capsicum with the other veggies
- Adjust pepper and chilli sause
- Take extra care to cook the rice, as it is an important step in fried rice
- Adjust the jaggery level as per your need
- Add pinch of salt and cardamom powder if needed
- Using soya sauce too much or too often is unhealthy. So, use is occasionally. For kids, you can make fried rice without soya sauce also.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Paneer butter masala||https://youtu.be/esGXutrQ-wY|
|Curd rice – left over rice||https://youtu.be/V8a4R_dXIbg|
|Barnyard millet curd rice||https://youtu.be/s54Q1l50R0I|