Gulab Jamun with ready mix recipe
Diwali celebration is incomplete without these yummy Gulab jamun. Its an universally loved Indian dessert recipe. In most of the Indian households, Gulab jamun recipe will be in the Diwali sweets menu for sure. Many people make it as the last-minute sweet for Diwali and other special occasions.
- Prep time – 30 mins
- Cook time – 20 mins
- Total time – 50 mins
- Yields – 15- 20
- Gulab Jamun ready mix packet – 200 gms or 2 cups
- Oil/Ghee – For deep frying
- Water/ warm milk – 1/4 measure of water
- Sugar – 800 gms or 2 1/2 cups
- Water – same as sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Cardamom pods – 3
- Saffron threads – few
- Chopped nuts to garnish
Method to prepare sugar syrup
- In a big pan, mix sugar, water and 2-3 crushed cardamoms.
- Bring it to boil and stir until the sugar dissolves completely and syrup becomes slightly sticky. Do not boil too much. Keep it aside.
Method to make Gulab jamun
- First mix the gulab jamun flour well with your hands to remove all lumps. If the mix has more lumps, sieve it once. Break the lumps with your fingers while sieving. Do not waste the residue. Add it to the mix again. I got around 2 cups of powder.
- Then add water (according to the instructions on the pack) and make a soft flexible dough. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Divide the dough equally and make small smooth balls without any creases/wrinkles/cracks. This is very important.
- Heat oil and fry the gulab jamuns on low medium heat so that the inside of the gulab jamun will also get cooked well. Keep stirring it gently for even cooking and browning. Remove with a slotted ladle when it becomes slightly dark brown in color.
- Allow the gulab jamuns to cool a little, before dropping them in warm sugar syrup.
- Let all the Gulab jamuns remain soaked in the sugar syrup for 1 – 3 hours. It can be served hot or cold.
Enjoy this Diwali by preparing this recipe at home.
- Do not knead the dough using your palm. Mixing should be done only with your fingers.
- Do not fry for long time. Jamun will become hard and it will not absorb the syrup
- Do not fry the gulab jamuns on high heat as it will get browned quickly but the inside will not be cooked properly.
- Allow it to cool a little before dropping them in the warm sugar syrup.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Gur papdi wheat burfi||https://youtu.be/bPWnZb7uy1c|