Gur papdi is a sweet prepared using wheat flour, jaggery and ghee with cardamom flavour. it is really a great sweet, quick to make with more natural ingredients like wheat flour, ghee and jaggery (gur).
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Rest time: 10 minutes
- Yields – 10 – 15 pieces
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery (gur) – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (less than ½ cup)
- Ghee – 2 & 1/2 tbsp *
- Cardamom – 1 tsp
- Almonds – 10
- Heat a pan with ghee and roast 1/2 cup wheat flour until golden. Do it patiently in medium flame until the colour changes and it turns fragrant.
- Once the flour is golden in colour, switch off the flame. Add grated jaggery to it along with cardamom powder. Make sure to use only finely grated jaggery without any lumps.
- Once the jaggery melts, transfer to a greased plate and level it. Do not stir more than needed, otherwise will crumble. Garnish with nuts.
- Cut into desired shape, I cut into squares.
- Make sure to grate / powder. otherwise, it will not easily melt in the heat.
- Be quick in spreading the mix before it gets hard.
- Do not stir for long time after jaggery melts, transfer it to tray soon.
- You can add the nuts along jaggery.