Instant Palkova is quick version of ‘Palkova’ or Palgova’ which is a popular South Indian sweet. This recipe is believed to have originated in Tamil Nadu. It is also served to the devotees visiting the Srivilliputur Andal Temple in which city the origin of Palkova specifically. Palkova is made from just two ingredients, milk and sugar. It may sound easy with just two ingredients, but making palgova requires a lot of patience.
Milk will be boiled and continuously stirred in a heavy bottom pan till the fats separate. The traditional way of making this sweet may intimidate us because of its time-consuming process. But today I am sharing an easy and quick version of making this incredibly delicious sweet. Tasty, grainy milk instant palkova sweet will sure win your hearts and taste buds. This is my handy quick sweet recipe in less than 30 minutes, when the guests are coming home or for pooja, festival time.
- Prep time – under 15 mins
- Cook time -20 mins
- Serves – 2 to 4
- Whole Milk – 1 liter or 4 cups
- Condensed milk – 350 gms or 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
- Sugar – as needed (Optional)
- Nuts – few sliced(Optional)
- Boil the milk in pan and Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- When it is warm enough, add lemon juice little by little and stir well until the milk curdles.
- Use a thin clean cloth or cheese cloth to filer it.
- Since we have curdled the milk using lemon juice, to remove the citrus taste in it, wash it again couple of times using cold water.
- Squeeze and remove the excess water
- In a non-stick pan, add condensed milk and filtered curdled milk and mix well
- Keep stirring it in a medium flame; I have used sweetened condensed milk, so no need to add sugar. If you prefer it be sweeter, add required salt; Continue stirring it
- Once the it becomes thick and in silky consistency, our instant palkova is ready. (Make sure there is no more water content in it.)
- This can be served as it is in a bowl. Or you can shape and refrigerate it for 1 hour and then cut it to desired shape.
- Garnish some sliced nuts on top of it
- As the kova cools it will thicken a lot more, so adjust the timing accordingly.
- You can also use vinegar to curdle the milk if you don’t have lemon
- Sugar is not required if you are using sweetened condensed milk
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Gur papdi wheat burfi||https://youtu.be/bPWnZb7uy1c|
|Gulab Jamun using instant mix||https://youtu.be/toci6AebKdM|