Rava / Sooji / Semolina; Whatever we may call it as. But this is one of the easiest and quick sweet recipe you can make in just less than 20 minutes. Though it is easy, many of us are facing some difficulties in getting it in good shape and consistency. Two importance step that it might go wrong is adding Rava and Sugar. Because this is where we end up getting lumps, too thinly or thick. The secret behind is simple. Add slowly, stir while adding and mix well constantly.
Lets see how we can make Kesari:
- Prep Time : 10 mins
- Cook Time : 10 to 15 mins
- Serves: 2 – 4
Semolina/Ravai/sooji – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 3 cups
Cashew nuts – 10
Cardamom -3-4 crushed
Kesari Powder or Orange food color –a pinch
For full video: https://youtu.be/p0i7Y3rTtT8
- Dry roast rava (semolina) for a few seconds till it gets slightly heated. (Do not roast more than that)
- Heat a little ghee, fry cashew nuts and raisins
- Add 3 cups of water ( Always remember this formula 1 : 2 : 3 = Rava : Sugar: Water)
- Once the water boiled, add crushed Cardomom, add a pinch of Kesari powder or food color to it. ( My mom always insist that food color is not good for health. So she prefers yellow color Kesari by adding Turmeric powder 🙂 ; It is our wish to prefer what we want. Why not we try with natural food colors like beetroot 😛 I will try and let you know )
- Then add rava to the boiling water. Remember to add slowly and Stir while adding.
- Slow down the flame to simmer and do cook.
- After all the water evaporates, add sugar, mix well and cook on low flame until the kesari starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add some more ghee and serve hot or warm.
Thanks for your time! Please watch out this space for more recipes.