A Classic curd rice recipe using Barnyard Millet Rice. This Barnyard Millet Curd Rice is filling and tasty. Barnyard millet is high in fiber content, phosphorous and calcium. Barnyard has low glycemic index and thus helps in type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease with regular intake of this millet.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 2 to 4
- Barnyard millet rice – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 1/2 cups
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustards – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili – 1
- Curry leaves – few
- Small onions /Shallots – 10 – 15 nos
- Asafetida/Hing powder – 2 pinch
To garnish: (optional)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Grated carrot
- Grated beets
- Wash and clean the millet rice well.
- Cook Barnyard Millet Rice. Either pressure cook it or in a pan. 3 measure water for 1 measure rice. This measurement will overcook the millets as mushy which is perfect for curd rice.
- Let the cooked rice cool; Then mix the rice and curd with little salt and keep aside. Add little water for silky consistency.
- Tempering: Heat oil in a pan; Add mustrads, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves and red chili. Once it splutters, add chopped onions and fry until it turns little brown
- Add this tempering’s into the rice and curd mix
- Garnish with coriander leaves or grated carrots or any of your choice
Barnyard Millet Rice Curd Rice is ready to be served with some pickle.
- You can also add cucumber in to it.
- Garnishing is of your choice
- Green chilies can be added. But I don’t prefer for kids
- You can use little millet or kodo millet instead of Barnyard millet
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Kuthiraivali upma Barnyard millet upma||https://youtu.be/hiHe3bTUTsI|
|SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN TAMIL||https://youtu.be/aw2I8NZb0h8|
|SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN ENGLISH SUBTITLE||https://youtu.be/9f80LMaJhVs|
|Ragi Kanji sweet and salt||https://youtu.be/uKHe1VxXPpo|
|Ragi adai with drumstick leaves||https://youtu.be/t_L10Th7OqY|