- Broken wheat or Godhumai Ravai Or Sambha Ravai Or Dhalia.
- Excellent breakfast recipe. Low fat and rich source of fibre
- Easy to digest; suits all ages
- Healthy and filling breakfast
- Prep Time : 10 mins
- Cook Time : 15 mins
- Serves: 2
- Broken wheat or Godhumai Kurunai – 1 cup / tumbler
- Onions – 1 nos
- Tomato – 1 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cooking oil – 2 tbspn
- Mustard – ½ tbspn
- Urad dal – ½ tbspn
- Channa dal – 1 tbspn
- Red chilies – 2 – 3
- Salt needed
- Mint few leaves (optional)
Full recipe Video Here:-
- Heat oil in a pan, add channa dal first and then add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, red chilli, and curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped ginger and onion.
- Saute until onions turn transparent. And add tomatoes and salt
- Add 2 ½ cup of water and needed salt. Taste the water to check for salt. The water should be slightly salty, once we add the broken wheat, it will be perfect.
- When water starts boiling, reduce the heat, add cracked wheat; Stir while adding the wheat.
- Mix well and cook covered on low heat.
- Stir occasionally
- Once all the water evaporates, stir well from bottom and cook for another 2 minutes
- Garnish with Coriander leaves
- Serve hot with
- Butter milk
- Or Kuruma
Check out these chutney recipe as well:
- Water measurement – 1 cup of wheat = 2 and ½ cup of water
- Salt should be fixed before adding the broken wheat
- If the cracked wheat doesn’t cook well with the water measurement and becomes hard/rough means, Sprinkle some hot water , mix and cook in simmer
- Vegetables can be added with the same recipe.
Thank you for visiting my website. Please subscribe my you tube channel for more recipes.
Have a wonderful day!