Gobi 65 is a popular dish that every one loved to have as starters, for lunch or as evening snacks. I used to prepare this as a side dish for vegetable pulao or some of variety rice. It is perfect for parties/ pot luck as it is very simple to prepare and tastes great.
- Prep time – 10 mins
- Marination – 30 mins
- Cook time -20 mins
- Serves – 2
- Cauliflower /Gobi -1 medium size
- Corn flour – 4 tsp
- Maida/All-purpose flour – 3 tsp
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Sooji Rava – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – To Garnish
- Green chilies – To Garnish
- Wash cauliflower florets well and put them in hot water with a pinch of turmeric powder for 3-4 minutes. Do not leave it in water for more than 5 minutes.
- Drain the water completely, leave it to cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix Corn flour, maida/all-purpose flour, rice flour, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, salt needed, lemon juice and cauliflower together. Mix well, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Leave it to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Once the oil is hot enough, Keep the heat on medium. Add few cauliflower florets (depending upon the size of your kadai and quantity of oil) into the hot oil.
- Do not touch or disturb for the first 2-5 seconds. Then flip gently and fry the cauliflower florets till golden brown and crisp.
Once the florets are golden brown and crisp, remove and drain on a paper napkin.
Fry Curry leaves and green chili in the same oil and add it to the crispy cauliflower while serving
- Increase rice flour for more crispiness
- Adjust red chili as you need; Kashmiri red chili gives nice color; so that we don’t need to add any food color
- Use thick curd, otherwise batter will be very watery; Make sure the mixture is not too watery.
- Adding 1/2 a tsp of rava/sooji makes even more crispy
- Finely chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves can be added to the batter
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Curd veg sandwich||https://youtu.be/c0igiUScTIU|
|Cheesy veg sandwich||https://youtu.be/9IiBcgo374A|
|Masala vadai Paruppu vadai||https://youtu.be/b7pUf5zgB6s|