CHICKEN CLEAR SOUP | KOZHI RASAM RECIPE | SOUTH INDIAN RECIPE
Chicken soup or Kozhi rasam recipe is a easiest, quickest and tastiest recipe. We can make this with simple available ingredients. Kids will love it as we can adjust the hot while making it. Even bachelors can do it with ease. We can have this as a soup with salt and pepper sprinkled on it or as a rasam over a steamed rice. Whenever you are feeling cold, fever or tired, I would suggest you to take this soup. You will feel refreshing and soothing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 – 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Chicken – 500 gms (more of bones)
- Big Onion – 1 Thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Ginger – 2-inch piece
- Garlic pods – 2 -3
- Green chili – 1
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp or as needed
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – just to garnish
- Salt – to taste Salt to taste
- Water as needed (or about 1/4 cup)
- Gingelly oil (sesame seeds oil / nalla ennai) – 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds (or) cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds (or) fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Clean chicken, rinse it 2-3 times and finally wash it with turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan / Kadai – add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, pepper corn, curry leaves, crushed ginger garlic, green chili,
- Then add onion; saute for 2mins; Add chicken bones and mix well.
- When chicken turns pale and no more pink color, add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and saute.
- After 2 to 5 minutes, add enough water as needed for soup quantity.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 -10 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow the pressure to settle.
- Optional step: Add 1 full tsp of pepper powder to the soup and boil it for 5 mins
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Enjoy it as a hot Soup or Rasam with steamed rice.J Perfect and cozy recipe for cold and cough too.
- While serving, sprinkle the salt and pepper on it as needed.
- For kids, we can avoid adding more pepper, as we have already added the pepper corns while cooking.
- Small onions, pear/shallots can be used.
- Gingelly oil gives authentic taste to the soup
Thank you for watching! 🙂 Please like & Subscribe 🙂