Simplest and easiest curry that we can make tasty even in a rush is Potato fry. It does not need much ingredients. I have used very basic ingredients to make this fry. It goes well with all rice varieties like Lemon rice, Curd rice, Rasam, Dal and Roti. Let us see how we can make crispy golden potato fry.
- Prep Time : 10 mins
- Cook Time : 30 mins
- Serves: 2 – 4
- Potatoes – 10 nos (medium size)
- Garlic – 10 pods
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Corriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt needed
For the seasoning:
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Potatoes: wash, peel the skin, and cut into cubes
- Garlic: Peel and crush
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Once the oil turns hot, add the mustard seeds, Urad dal, Cumin seeds, curry leaves and allow to splutter.
- Add minced/crushed garlic and allow it to turn little brown
- Immediately add the cubed potatoes. Saute on high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
- Reduce heat to medium, place lid and cook till the potatoes turn soft, approximately 10 – 15 mins. Stir occasionally;
- Once it cooks, add the spice powders – Chilli powder, Turmeric powder and Pepper powder
- Stir fry without lid on medium flame and toss the potatoes well till turn they attain a golden crisp exterior.
- And keep it in low flame for next 5 mins to make it even more crispy
- Turn off heat and serve with rice varieties, dal or rasam or Roti.
- Rice flour or besan/ Chick pea flour can be added little to make it more crispy
- Amount of oil used or needed is based on the quality and type of potatoes used to make the potato fry
- Stir carefully, without smashing the potatoes
- You can use a non-stick pan to make the potato fry if you do not have a cast iron pan or skillet.
- Be a little lavish in adding oil for the fry to taste yummy
- If you dont like garlic means, replace it with Hing/asafoetida powder
Thank you. Please like, share and subscribe.