Egg bajji is one of easy starter or evening snack when you have limited time. Very easy to make and perfect combo with tea/coffee. As i am going to fry the egg yolk, the raw smell of egg goes off. Those who doesn’t like egg yolk also eats it in this way.
Let’s see how to make easy and tasty egg bajji.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 4 – 6
- Boiled egg – 5 (Separate yolk and white)
- Oil for shallow fry
- Besan flour/kadalai maavu – 4 tbsp.
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Asafetida / Hing powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water as needed
- Separated egg yolks
- Onion finely chopped – 1/2
- Mustards – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp (Crushed)
- Green chili – 2 finely chopped
- Hard boil eggs; Cut into half and separate the egg yolks.
- Batter: Take a mixing bowl, add Besan flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, chili powder, asafetida, salt as needed and little water. Whisk it well with no lumps in batter consistency
- Stuffing: In a pan, Heat a tbsp. of oil: Add mustards, urad dal, crushed cumin seeds,Onions and green chilies. Once it is fried, add egg yolks; Smash it and mix well; Saute for 2 to 5 minutes
- Once the sautéed mixture is cool, take a small ball size and stuff it in egg white (Please watch video for clarity)
- Heat oil in pan (We are going to shallow fry it; So we don’t need more oil). Dip the halved and stuffed egg in batter; Fry in hot oil till golden brown.Drain onto some paper towel
Easy, crispy and tasty Egg Bajji is ready. Serve hot with Tea/Chai/Coffee.
- Half a teaspoon of ginger garlic paste can be added
- If you don’t like mustard, ignore it
- Some like to add cooking soda and food color in batter; But I don’t prefer adding it. Because it tastes crispy and good even without it.
- You can also Deep fry it
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.
Please like, share and subscribe.