Egg Poriyal is a very easy and simple stir fry made with eggs. It goes well with rice, bread , chapatti , sandwiches and with salads. It is simple to prepare, perfect for all the bachelors and also for anyone who wants to cook with less time on hand. We can have it for breakfast, lunch, as evening snack or dinner, or in between meals whenever we feel hungry.
Let’s see how to make easy egg poriyal /curry/scrambled eggs recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 3
- Eggs – 3
- Onion Medium size – 2
- Green chilies – 4 (slit)
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves few
- Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat it
- Finely chop onions
- Slit the green chilies and Chop coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, finely chopped onions, salt, green chilies, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- When onions turn light brown, add the egg mixture. Once it starts to set, mix it with a spatula, and cook until the egg mixture scrambles and mix with the onion and other tempered ingredients.
- Check for salt; Cook on low heat for few seconds and remove from heat.
- Switch off the heat when the eggs are still soft. It will get cooked in the heat of the pan itself. Mince it into finer pieces with the spatula if you want to.
Note: Do not over cook the eggs, as it will become dry and rubbery.
Quick and tasty egg poriyal is ready.
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.