Only some of the food items gives the mouthwatering feel just by its name. Mango belongs to that category. When mango is in season, many mango recipes will appear more in our kitchen. This ‘Instant mango pickle’ is even more often. I will not even miss this pickle for dosa and roti. Very easy and tasty recipe.
Let’s see how to make easy carrot rice recipe.
- Prep Time: less than 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serves: 2 – 3 days
- Mango – Unripe – 1/2
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Oil as needed
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Fenugreek seeds – few (OPTIONAL)
- Hing/Asafetida powder -a pinch
- Wash and wipe the mango well; Grate or finely chopped it
- Add chili powder and salt with the chopped mangoes; Mix well and keep aside
- Heat a pan with a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds.
- Add it to the mango and give a quick stir
- Alternative: You can also add chili powder in tadka/seasoning and then mix with mango.
Very very easy and mouthwatering instant mango pickle is ready. Store in a jar and keep refrigerated, can be used for 4-5 days. Goes well with everything 😀 Curd Rice, Rasam sadham, Kichdi, Upma, and the list goes on right 🙂
- If you have dry roast powder of fenugreek seeds, add a pinch before you switch off the flame; Fenugreek seeds will give little bitter taste while we eat.
- You can also add Kashmiri chili powder which will give nice color to the pickle. I have use homemade chili powder
- Half a tsp of turmeric powder can also be added
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.