Mint Chutney-Pudina Chutney-Side dish for dosa/Idly
Mint chutney is another favorite side dish for Idly and dosa and sometime for Bajji too. It is a very flavorful and delicious chutney. It goes well with Pongal, Dal rice, khichdi, Upma, samosa, Bajii etc. It can be used as a spread for sandwich There are so many variations in mint chutney. Today let us learn how to prepare Mint Chutney by following this easy basic Mint chutney recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 – 4
- Mint Leaves – 1 cup tightly packed
- Green chilli – 2 – 4 or as needed
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Tamarind – little
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Salt needed
For the seasoning
- Cooking Oil -1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Urad dal -1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Remove stalks and take the mint leaves alone.
- Wash the mint leaves 2 to 3 times well. Drain the water well and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan, add channa dal, urad dal.
- Once it turns little brown, add ginger and garlic; Fry well
- Add washed Mint leaves, green chilli and tamarind
- Saute for few more seconds
- Add coconut; mix well and switch off the flame immediately
- Once it cools down, Grind everything with needed salt, and very less water.
- Heat a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when mustard splutters, add urad dal, curry leaves, when dal turns golden brown, pour the seasoning over the chutney.
Enjoy the flavorful chutney.
- Adjust the green chillies as you need
- You can also saute few small onions with it for different flavor
- Season with gingelly oil
- Few coriander leaves can also be added along with the mint leaves.
Thank you. Have a wonderful day.
|BREAKFAT / DINNER VARIETIES|