PEANUT CHUTNEY RECIPE | KADALAI CHUTNEY | வேர்கடலை சட்னி -SOUTH INDIAN RECIPE
Another easy chutney for Idly/Dosa/Bajji , Pongal and Upma varieties. If you like pea nuts then it is for you. I am sure, you make it very often just like coconut chutney. Now, let’s see how to make peanut or Kadalai chutney:
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serves: 2 – 3
- Pea nuts – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup or little
- Red chillies – 2
- Tamarind – little
- Garlic – 2 -3 pods (Skip if you don’t like)
- Salt & Water – As needed
- Oil as needed
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Hing / Asafoetida – a pinch (optional)
- Roast the peanuts and remove its skin to some extent. If you are using roasted peanut, then no need to fry again. Skip to next step
- Firstly, Grind the Peanuts, grated coconut, red chillies, garlic, tamarind , salt in a blender without water.
- And then add enough water as needed to grind it little smoothly.
- Temper it with Oil, mustard, urad dal and curry leaves, hing / perungayam (optional) and pour it over a chutney
That’s it. Peanut chutney or Kadalai chutney is ready to serve with Idly, Dosa, Upma, Pongal or Bajji’s.
Thank you for watching! 🙂 Please like & Subscribe 🙂