Poori Masala | Potato Masala | Aloo Poori Masala
Poori Masala / Potato Masala / Aloo Masala is the BEST PERFECT choice for Poori. Poori and Potatoes are inseparable and made for each other. It is easy too. Poori is always served with this potato masala in most of the restaurants. It suits well with Roti / Chappathi also.
Let us see how we can make the Poori Potato masala.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 2 – 4
- Potatoes – 5 medium size
- Onions – 1 Thinly sliced
- Green chilli – 1 or 2 slit
- Red chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch thinly sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt needed
For the seasoning:
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal /kadalai paruppu/bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash and pressure cook potatoes for 3 whistles or until soft.
- After it cools, peel the skin and mash it up well to some extent.( not as a paste)
- Keep it aside.
- Thinly slice onions and keep it ready
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Once the oil turns hot, add channa dal and urad dal first. When it turns little brown, add mustards, cumin seeds, red chilli, curry leaves and Ginger
- Add thinly sliced onions; No need to cook onions until brown, because we need to retain its crunchiness.
- When it turns light pink, immediately add the mashed potatoes along with Turmeric powder, salt and water as required.
- Saute on high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
- Reduce heat to medium, place lid and cook till the potatoes turn soft, approximately 5 – 10. Stir occasionally;
- Cook for another 2 mins without lid and garnish with Coriander leaves if needed
Serve with Hot Pooris ; Definitely a treat to our taste buds. This Aloo/Potato masala can be a side dish for Roti /Chappathi, bread sandwich, or toast.
Thank you. Please like, share and subscribe.
Try this veg side dishes : http://hemslobby.com/category/cooking-lets-make-it-simple/side-dishes-veg/