Ragi also known as finger millet or Kezhvaragu. Finger millet has the highest calcium content among all the food grains. In wheat and rice, it is below 50 mg. No other food grain has such a high nutritive value. Millet is naturally high in protein and antioxidants and can help control blood sugar and cholesterol. Including millets in your diet will go a long way in improving your health in general. So don’t forget to include millets in our diet often.
- Prep Time: 10+15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 2
- Finger millet/Ragi flour – 1 cup (Dry roast for 2 mins before use)
- Salt – as needed
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Curry leaves few
- Onion – finely chopped – 1
- In a pan, temper with mustard, urad dal, channa dal in oil. Add finely chopped onion, green chili and curry leaves to it and fry till onion turns transparent.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add ragi flour and salt to it. Mix well.
- Mix 1/4 cup of water and make a dough. Divide into equal sized balls and give firm pressure using your five fingers to shape it to kozhukattai/Dumplings.
- Then steam it for 10 minutes in a steamer (idli cooker or idli kopparai or in a pan with lid ) & serve hot
Serve hot with any spicy chutney. I love to have it with Coconut chutney.
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.
Please like, share and subscribe.
|Kuthiraivali upma Barnyard millet upma||https://youtu.be/hiHe3bTUTsI||http://hemslobby.com/kuthiraivali-upma-barnyard-millet-upma-millets-recipes-healthy-food/|
|SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN TAMIL||https://youtu.be/aw2I8NZb0h8||http://hemslobby.com/sammai-little-millet-pongal-recipe/|
|SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN ENGLISH SUBTITLE||https://youtu.be/9f80LMaJhVs||http://hemslobby.com/sammai-little-millet-pongal-recipe/|
|Ragi Kanji sweet and salt||https://youtu.be/uKHe1VxXPpo||http://hemslobby.com/ragi-kanji-finger-millet-porridge-sweet-and-salted-healthy-breakfast-recipe/|
|Ragi adai with drumstick leaves||https://youtu.be/t_L10Th7OqY||http://hemslobby.com/ragi-adai-with-drumstick-leaves-recipe-in-tamilfinger-millet-adai-with-moringa-leaves/|