Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Besan flour (Gram flour)– 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Roasted gram flour – 1/4 cup
- Asafetida /Hing powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Hot oil – 2 tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Grind the green chilies and salt together into coarse paste by adding water.
- Sieve the gram flour, rice flour and roasted gram flour.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Transfer the flours into the bowl
- Filter the green chili and salt water
- Add salt and asafetida
- Add 2 tbsp of hot oil and mix everything well
- Add water little by little and mix well to make non- sticky dough.
- Place the thin long hole pakoda plate into murukku press
- Press the murukku press directly on the hot oil in circular way.
- Let it cook in the medium flame. Once the bubbles settles, Flip the sides and let it cook till it becomes crisp.
- Drain and remove from heat. Store in an airtight bottle.
- Instead of green chilies you can add red chilies too. But the color of the pakoda will be of little darker.
- Adding roasted gram flour is optional. But it gives crispy and nice flavor
- Instead of hot oil, you can add melted butter too.