Ven Pongal Recipe | Pongal Recipe in Tamil | How to make Pongal in Tamil | Khara Pongal Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 2
- Raw rice – 1/2 cup
- Pasi parupu/moong dal- 1/4 cup
- Hing / Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 5 cups of rice cup
- Salt as required
For the seasoning:
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Whole black pepper -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera -1 tsp
- Ginger – 1-inch piece finely chopped
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Cashew nuts – 5-7
- Dry roast moong dal and rice together until it is hot to touch and nice aroma comes. Do not over fry it.
- Wash it in a cold water once or twice
- Mix both rice and dal. Add 5 measures of water using the same rice cup and little salt; Pressure cook for 5 whistles. The rice must be cooked little mushy.
- Open the cooker once the pressure subsides and mash the contents well when it is hot
- Fry cashew nuts in a tsp of ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat oil + ghee, add finely chopped ginger, saute for 2-3 seconds, then add pepper, jeera seeds, curry leaves and pour it over the rice + dal mix.
- Add fried cashew nuts and mix everything well.
- You can also lightly crush the pepper and jeera; it gives even more nice flavor
- Ghee can be added more because it is a Pongal J
- Rice and dal can be cooked directly in the pressure cooker or vessel inside the cooker or cook in an open pot.
- Dry roasting the rice and dal can be optional. This will give the best Pongal. So do not miss this.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
Cracked wheat Upma
Cracked wheat Khichdi
Barnyard millet curd rice
Kuthiraivali upma Barnyard millet upma
SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN TAMIL
SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN ENGLISH SUBTITLE
Ragi Kanji sweet and salt
Ragi adai with drumstick leaves