Mango Pachadi, is one of the traditional and mouthwatering pachadi we used to prepare for Tamil New Year’s day or for any auspicious occasion during mango season. Traditionally we add neem flowers/Veppambu fried in ghee to this pachadi . Generally, a pachadi for Tamil New Year’s Day should have all the 6 flavors of tastes like sweet(Inippu), salt(Uppu), spice(Urappu), bitter(Kasapu), sour(Pulippu) and astringent(thuvarpu). Here jaggery for sweet, salt for salty, red chili for spice, neem flower for bitter, Raw Mango for sour and Turmeric for Astringent. But you can also prepare it without that also on other days.
A lip smacking dish made from raw mangoes and jaggery. Try this and I am sure you will love this simple and delicious mango pachadi.
- Prep time – 10 mins
- Cook time -15 mins
- Serves – 4
- Raw mango – 1
- Salt to taste
- Water – as required
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Gingelly Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Split Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Hing a pinch (Optional)
- Red chili – 1 (Optional)
- Wash and chop the mangoes as you wish. (thinly sliced or grated or cubed). If you want you can even remove the skin and use. But it is not necessary to take the skin fully.
- If you are using jaggery powder, can be used as it is. Otherwise melt and purify it before use.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add Urad dal, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, red chilies, Hing
- Add chopped mango pieces. Sauté for 5 minutes with little salt and water
- Then add, turmeric powder, chili powder, and little water again. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add jaggery powder or Melted jaggery and mix it for another 5 minutes
Delicious sweet and sour mango pachadi is ready now
- Cook only on a medium flame to avoid burning.
- Adjust red chili and chili powder as required
- Removing the mango skin is not necessary. But it is upto you to decide it.
- My jaggery was dark in colors the color of the pachadi varies with the jaggery we are using.
- Gingelly oil gives nice flavor it
- Finally, if you temper little neem flowers/Veppambu in a ghee and add it to the pachadi, it will be our traditionally made Tamil new year pachadi.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Instant Mango Pickle Recipe||https://youtu.be/ZTsUu8Ch3jg|
|Murungai Keerai poriyal / Drumstick leaves / Moringa leaves||https://youtu.be/HU1zDZX7JeU|
|DAL FRY RECIPE||https://youtu.be/E4Ec39qmmr0|
|Peas Potato Milk Curry||https://youtu.be/yBYAFTtMan8|
|CHANNA MASALA CHOLE MASALA||https://youtu.be/wV7xZ7WdXh4|
|Paneer butter masala||https://youtu.be/esGXutrQ-wY|
|Paneer bhurji masala||https://youtu.be/TuXV3KjES8w|