Keto Bread – Almond flour bread with Egg whites
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Serves – 15- 20 slices
- Almond flour – 1 cup
- Coconut flour – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick
- Egg whites – 12 nos (1 1/2 cups) or 6 whole eggs
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Any sweetener (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line the bread loaf pan with parchment paper. It helps to remove the bread easily
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. If you have food processor, you can use it too.
- Add the melted butter and mix again.
- Beat egg whites in a separate large bowl until it is fluffy and frothy.
- If you use hand blender, the job is easy. If you are using hand beater, need to beat it for longer time until the stiff peaks form.
- Use cream of tar or lemon juice along with egg whites, this helps to turn the egg white.
- Add half of the stiff egg whites to the flour mix and combine. Add the remaining and fold it to combine. Do not blend or mix hard. Fold gently to keep the mixture fluffy.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan. Smooth and even the top
- Bake for about 30 – 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool completely and slice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 7g
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 4g