There are so many easy and traditional way to make mutton recipes. Today I am gong to share one of such easy and quick method of mutton kulambu recipe in tamil with English subtitles. Authentic mutton kulambu needs freshly ground masala. But this one needs just the homemade chili powder and other simple readily available masalas with coconut milk.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Mutton/Lamb – 500 gm
- Small onions /Shallots – 20 – 25 nos
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 3 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamom – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4
- Star anise – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- In a pressure cooker, Heat oil and add seasoning ingredients
- Add Shallots cook until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt; cook until it is soft
- add mutton pieces; Cook until color changes from pink to pale white and gets half cooked. It takes approximately 10 to 20 minutes as per the meat.
- Now add chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and turmeric powder. Add little water to avoid burn and cook for 2 minutes
- Now add required water and bring it boil
- When boiling, add coconut milk, check for salt and Pressure cook for 7 to 10 whistles (depends on the meat)
Delicious Mutton curry / Mutton Kulambu is ready. Enjoy this with cooked rice, Dosa or appam or idiyappam or Parotta/Roti.
- Add red chili powder as you need
- I have used home made chili powder. If you are using store bought, it will be even more spicy. So take care about it.
- Add only coconut milk for this recipe
- Time taken to cook meat is depends on the meat you buy – goat, baby goat or lamb.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Mutton Kurma in 3 steps||https://youtu.be/KAfI2tN0PcQ|
|Erode Pallipalayam Chicken||https://youtu.be/YOKnuUFS-ZI|
|Uppu Kari mutton||https://youtu.be/nyGBgIgGiRE|
|Chettinad chicken curry||https://youtu.be/8Rc9-0U3XyA|
|Chicken Salna for Parotta||https://youtu.be/Pd7dvHM4NkQ|
|Chicken Soup / Chicken Rasam||https://youtu.be/MXKP1HLo_gg|
|EGG PORIYAL SCRAMBLED EGGS EGG PODIMAD||https://youtu.be/LPeElShmgpo|
|Ramzan special Chicken Biryani
Seeraga samba rice chicken Biryani
|Green chicken biryani||https://youtu.be/jRMiCyz6yCs|