Soya chunks curry is a healthy curry recipe with good source of proteins for vegetarian lovers. Soya bean curries can be easily served with roti, chapathi, paratha and even with hot steamed rice.
- Prep time – 20 mins
- Cook time -20 mins
- Serves – 2
- Soya chunks – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- To sauté and grind
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1-inch piece
- Cloves – 2
- To temper
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Masala powder
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- In 1 cup of soya chunks, add enough boiling water to it. It should get immerse into it. Cover with lid and keep it aside
- Once the soya chunks are absorbed the water and puffed, it is half cooked.
- Drain the water, wash it twice with the cold water. Squeeze off the water as possible using your hands; else they might be causing indigestion and smell bad as they are rich in protein.
- If needed
- Cut the soya chunks into half
- Deep fry or shallow fry the chunks; this is completely an optional step. But it will enhance the taste and texture
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, cinnamom, cloves and salt; Cook well until it is soft and raw smell goes off. Once it is cool, grind it to a paste
Now the soya chunks and onion-tomato paste are ready.
- Heat oil in pan, temper the fennel seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and ground paste
- Add masala powders: turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chili powder, coriander powder
- Mix well and bring it to boil on a medium flame
- Add in the soya chunks and cook for another 10 to 15 mins on a medium flame or until the required consistency of gravy.
Enjoy the healthy protein rich soya chunks gravy with chapati, roti’s or steamed rice or any pulao’s.
- cook the onion-tomato well before grinding it, to avoid raw smell in the curry
- Squeeze off the water from soya chunks before adding to curry
- Please make sure the soya chunks are cooked well. Else add some water, cover with lid and cook for some more time
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Peas Potato Milk Curry||https://youtu.be/yBYAFTtMan8|
|CHANNA MASALA CHOLE MASALA||https://youtu.be/wV7xZ7WdXh4|
|Moong dal for roti||https://youtu.be/wqL06ms83V8|
|MIXED VEG KURMA||https://youtu.be/d3S9GGDEMuU|
|DAL FRY RECIPE||https://youtu.be/E4Ec39qmmr0|
|Tiffin sambar in hotel style||https://youtu.be/jV-_weQXux0|
|Paneer butter masala||https://youtu.be/esGXutrQ-wY|
|Paneer bhurji masala||https://youtu.be/TuXV3KjES8w|