Cauliflower soup is an easy and simple recipe to make, but yet very tasty and flavorful one. It is very famous in Chettinad cuisine. This is not a thick or creamy soup. It will be a clear and watery. Still the flavor and aroma win our heart. You can have it as a soup or for steamed rice with spicy side dish. The cauliflower soup will be quite filling too.
- Prep time – 10 mins
- Cook time -20 mins
- Serves – 2 or 3
- Cauliflower – 1/2
- Shallots |small onion – 7to 10 nos
- Toor dal – 1/4 cup
- Tomato – 1 small
- Garlic -5 pods
- Whole black pepper – 10
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- fennel and cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 4
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1/2
- Cloves – 2
- Cinna mom – 1 small piece
- Curry leaves few
- Wash the cauliflower and Clean it and cut them into florets. Immerse them in hot water with little salt and keep aside.
- Chop onions and tomatoes; Slit green chilies
- In a pressure cooker – add oil, pepper, fennel seeds, garlic pods, onion, tomato; Add required salt and fry for few minutes
- Now add little water to avoid burn if needed; Add toor dal anad required water for it to cook. Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles on a medium flame
- Open the cooker once the pressure subsides. Mash the dal, onion tomato for better consistency. Note: Remove the green chilies before you mash it if want to.
- Add in the florets, required water for soup, turmeric powder, cumin and fennel powder for flavor. Bring it to boil
- Do tempering: oil, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, curry leaves
- Pour it to the boiling soup and let it boil for another 5 minutes
Super-hot cauliflower soup is ready to serve. You can have it as a soup or enjoy it with steamed rice also.
- Do not crush the whole black pepper. The taste of the whole one will be nice in the soup.
- Discard the green chilies before mashing it.
- If you want to have it as a soup, reduce green chilies to 1 or 2. Or if you want to have it with steamed rice, add 4 green chilies for spiciness.
- I would suggest not to pressure cook the cauliflower florets, as the florets might get mashed and dissolved. But it is your choice.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
|Pepper rasam for Cold and Cough||https://youtu.be/3VgCm1fQ1vg|
|Spicy and Tangy Rasam for Digestion||https://youtu.be/ZWgcXoAullM|
|Uppu Kari mutton||https://youtu.be/nyGBgIgGiRE|