Spinach Paneer gravy – Protein rich and Low carb curry
Palak paneer is a famous north Indian side dish. This is not exactly the traditional palak paneer. But a simplified version of it. This gravy is a quick and healthy, low carb, protein rich recipe which is a perfect match for Chappathi / Roti, all kind of roti’s – jowar roti, phulka roti, multi grain roti.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 2
- Indian Spinach/Palak/ Baby spinach – 2 cups (tightly packed)
- Paneer – 15 cubes or 1 cup or 200 gms
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 – 7 pods
- Small onion / Shallots – 10-15 nos
- Tomato – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt needed
- Water as needed
- Cut the paneer into cubes
- Soak it in Luke warm water
- Keep it aside
- Wash and clean the spinach
- Finely chop it
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. butter
- Add spinach and sauté until it shrinks and recued to little volume
- Add water as needed and cook spinach in a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, until it cooks even more soft and silky
- Chop onion, tomatoes and garlic
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and garlic
- Add onions, tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder. Let it cook soft and gooey
- Now add red chili powder and garam masala. Add little water and cook it for 2 mins
- Add spinach and required water
- Bring it to boil
- Add drained paneer cubes and mix gently
- Cook on medium flame for 5 mins
Low carb and Protein Rich Spinach Paneer gravy is ready!
- I would prefer to sauté the spinach than boiling. If you boil it, do not over boil it, as it may lose the green color. Also add a pinch of sugar while boiling
- You can also grind the spinach after boiling it in hot water, rather than smashing it as I did.
- Adjust red chili powder as you need. You can also use only green chili without red chili powder. It helps to keep the green color of the gravy.
- Butter gives nice flavor to the spinach and helps spinach to cook very soft
- Don’t forget to immerse the paneer cubes in water until you use it.
Peas Potato Milk Curry
CHANNA MASALA CHOLE MASALA
Moong dal for roti
MIXED VEG KURMA
DAL FRY RECIPE
Tiffin sambar in hotel style
Paneer butter masala
Paneer bhurji masala
Moong dal sambar idli sambar