Bread Halwa recipe: Very easy to make and tasty too. Let’s see how to make bread halwa recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 6
- Bread – 8 slices
- Ghee – 1/2 cup + 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.
- Almond – 10
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Cardamom – 3
- Cut the bread slices to tiny pieces.
- Boil milk and Keep it aside
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee and fry half of cashew nuts and keep aside
- Grind Cardamom and sugar first. Then add half of cashew nuts (5) and Almonds (5) into powder. Keep aside.
- Heat kadai or a heavy bottomed pan with half of 1/2 cup ghee.
- Add the bread pieces and roast it golden in low or medium flame; take care not to turn the pieces dark in colour, so make sure the heat is low; Turn the bread pieces every now and then.
- Add boiled milk; Sugar and Ground powder; Mix everything together and cook for few minutes and mash it as it gets cooked soft.
- Add the remaining ghee. Keep mixing mashing it well until ghee oozes out. Keep cooking it in medium to low flame until it becomes soft, mushy and ghee separates
- Add fried cashew nuts.
Garnish with sliced almonds; Serve hot; We love to have it warm always. You can refrigerate and reheat whenever needed. Can be stored in refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
- I didn’t remove the sides of the bread. If you want you can remove it.
- Slowly it will turn to halwa consistency. So, don’t lose hope even if it is not mushy at the beginning.
- Exactly, 2 cups of milk are enough if you cook in medium flame.
- Any type of bread can be used – White, milk, honey, wheat. But I never tried the nuts added breads.
- Ghee is very important for this recipe. If you reduce the ghee quantity, it will be sticky. So be lavish to use ghee J
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.
Please like, share and subscribe.