Coconut rice recipe is an easy and tasty popular south Indian dish. It is a simple, flavorful dish that goes great with any spicy curries, stir-fries or chicken. It is very easy to make in one pot. While eating we can feel the taste of all the ingredients which we added in the coconut rice, especially the flavor of fresh coconut milk gives soothing feel to eat.
- Rice soak time – 15 to 30 mins
- Cook time -20 mins
- Serves – 2
- Basmati Rice- 1 cup
- Coconut milk: 2 cups
- Oil / Ghee- 2 tsp
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Bay leaf – 1 big
- Star anise – 1
- Onion 1 big
- Green Chilies 2-3
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup or few
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup or few
- Wash and soak basmati rice for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Take a thick bottomed pan, heat some oil or ghee, bay leaf, Star anise, cardamom, clove; let it roast for some time.
- Add Curry Leaves, Green Chilies, sliced onion, salt to taste; Saute until the onions cooked little golden brown
- Add soaked Rice and mix it well on a low flame for 3 to 5 mins
- Add 2 +1/4 Cups Coconut Milk and mix, cover it up and leave it for 10 to 20 mins on a low medium flame or until rice is cooked softly and there is no more water content. Stir it occasionally.
Yummy and Delicious Coconut Milk Rice is Ready to be served. Serve with any hot spicy gravy or vegetable stir fry.
- I have used basmati rice. But you can also use regular rice or of your choice
- If you want you can add coconut milk + water measuring the rice; In that case add thick milk.
- Soaking rice helps the rice to cook very soft.
- Adjust green chilies as you prefer
- If you want to pressure cook, add exact 2 cups of liquid and pressure cook for 1 whistle only. Open the lid, once the pressure completely subsides.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.
Curd rice – left over rice
Barnyard millet curd rice
Egg fried rice
sambar sadam bisibelebath