Dry fruits khajur barfi is a rich, delicious recipe of barfi prepare with dates and loads of dry fruits. This mouth watering dates and dry fruits is best for any festivals or special occasion or even a daily snack for kids. It’s a quick, easy and simple recipe made of dates topped with crunchy nuts. Also called as dates and dry fruits roll it can be a best and healthier option for a dessert.
Prep time – 10 mins
Cook time -5 mins
- Dates – 1 cup
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Cashews – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – – 1/4 cup
- Pistachios – – 1/4 cup
- Poppy seeds –1 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Deseed the dates and chop into random pieces. Blend it randomly in a processor or blender.
- Chop down the cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts and dates. Thinly slice few pistachios separately for garnishing.
- Dry roast the cashews, almonds, pistachios and walnuts for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame. Then transfer them in a bowl. Now pour some ghee in the hot wok. When the ghee melts, fry the poppy seeds for 2 minutes on low flame while stirring constantly.
- Once the poppy seed becomes fragrant, add cardamom powder, dates, roasted dry nuts. Keep the flame on low and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Then turn off the flame and transfer the mixture on a plate so that it cools down quickly.
- Pinch some mixture with greased hand and roll it into a long log/in cylindrical shape. Coat the barfi with pistachios and place over a plate. Wrap all the logs with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Then unwrap and cut the logs into 1/2 cm thick barfi chunks and place them on a plate.
Khajur dry fruits barfi is now ready to serve.
Serve these mouth-watering and tempting khajur dryfruits barfi .
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.