Cauliflower is a favorite vegetable for most of us when we make kurma or fry with it. Have you ever thought of cauliflower as an alternative to our regular rice. This is a great substitute for carbohydrate. Without missing our regular Indian rice recipes, we can eat this cauliflower rice without any guilt. Because rice can often leave dishes feeling heavy. It’s nice to substitute a vegetable where a starch would usually be. In addition, it’s a great way to squeeze more servings of vegetables into your day.
One cup of riced cauliflower contains only 25cal, 5.3g carbs.
- Prep time – 10 mins
- Cook time –10 mins
- Serves – 2 cups of riced cauliflower
- Cauliflower florets – 4 large heads
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Place cauliflower chunks in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-size pieces. OR Grate the cauliflower florets using the grater into rice size pieces
- This yields approximately 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan and add a cup of riced cauliflower; Stir it for a min
- Sprinkle little water , little salt to taste, mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 to 10 mins until it cooks fluffy.
Cauliflower rice is ready. Serve this with any vegetables or gravy or regular kulambu or even curd tastes heavenly.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.