Kaju Katli also known as Kaju barfi is an Indian sweet make with cashew nuts, sugar, ghee and flavored with cardamom. It is a very simple recipe and can be prepared in a few minutes time.
- Prep time – under 10 mins
- Cook time – 10 mins
- Yields – 10-15 nos
- Cashew nuts – 1 cup
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Ghee -2 tsp
- Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut powder: This is very important step.
- Cashew nut should be dry enough before you powder it.
- If you take it from refrigerator, bring it to a normal temperature first. Also, you can dry roast it for 2 minutes
- While powdering it, do not operate the mixie at a stretch. Cashew will start leaving oil and becomes sticky. To avoid this, run the mixie with intervals.
- So, cashew nut powder should be non-sticky and little coarse.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- In a nonstick pan, add water and sugar. Boil until the sugar dissolves.
- When it starts boiling, add Cardamom powder and cashew nut powder.
- Mix well and cook on low flames. Add 2 tsp ghee and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- The mixture should not stick to your hands. You should be able to make a soft ball out of it. That is the correct stage to switch off the flame.
Then put the mixture on a greased plate and flatten it with a spatula. or you can roll out thinly with a rolling pin.
Cut into diamond shapes after it cools a little. Do not cut when it is hot. Also use a sharp knife for cutting.
Enjoy this Diwali by preparing this easy Kaju Katli/Cashew burfi at home.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.