- Prep time – under 10 mins
- Cook time -under 30 mins
- Yields – 15- 20
- Rice flour/ Idliyappam flour – 2 cups
- Urad dal flour – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds or sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt and water – As needed
- Oil – For deep frying
- Dry roast ½ cup of urad dal on a medium flame for 5 to 10 mins.
- Grind it to a powder and sieve it
- First, mix rice flour, urad dal flour, oil, asafoetida, jeera,salt well and then add water to make a non-sticky dough with no cracks.
- Heat oil in kadai side by side, enough to deep fry the murukkus.
- Fill the murukku press with this dough with murukku hole plate. Grease some ladles/plates and make murukku first in that then drop them in oil. This way we can make perfect shape and prevents us from hot oil spell also.
- Deep fry in medium flame.
- Cook both sides till the ‘Shhh’ sound ceases and murukku turn light golden in colour.
- Drain in paper towel and cool down completely before storing them in airtight containers.
Enjoy this Diwali by preparing this easy Murukku recipe at home.
Thank you for watching. Please like and subscribe the HemsLobby You Tube channel.