Moong dal Ghee roast – Low Carb ghee roast – Low carb dosa
There are lot of varieties of low carb dosa recipe available like sprouted moong dal dosa, coconut flour dosa, paneer dosa etc. One of such easiest and tasty dosa recipe is moong dal dosa. I call it as replacement for regular ghee roast. Yes you heard it right. Ghee Roast!. Eating ghee roast in a hotel was always my dream in the childhood. But I have been missing it after growing up and in diet. This has become a savior for my dosa cravings!
- Soak Time: Overnight
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 6 dosas
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Green chili – 1
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida / Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the moong dal over night
- Next day morning, grind together soaked moong dal, green chili, ginger, fennel seeds, hing powder and salt with enough water
- Heat griddle /Dosa pan and pour ladle full of batter and sprinkle ghee around it.
- Cook on a medium flame until it get roasted and cook crispy.
- If needed flip it to other side or can be served as it is with coriander mint chutney or pea nut or coconut chutney.
- Fennel seeds and green chili is for flavor. You can always increase or decrease it as needed
- Be lavish to add ghee : )
|Yellow moong dal||1/2 cup||58||10||0||4||1|