Mago Kesari is a delicious sweet made with Rava /Semolina / sooji. We are not going to add any food color or artificial flavor to it. Still it comes very colorful and delicious. This is another hit in our family next to ravai kesari. Definitely there will be a mango flavor in the kesari. But make sure to use sweet mangoes.
Let’s see how to make Mango Kesari.
- Prep Time: less than 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 – 15 mins
- Serves: 2 -4
- Ravai/Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Mango pulp – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup or less
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Cardamom – 1, powdered
- Cashew nuts – 6
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Scoop the mango pulp from well ripen sweet mango. Grind it smoothly
- In a pan, add 2 tsp of ghee; fry cashew nuts until golden and keep aside.
- Add rava to the same pan with few spoons of ghee. Roast in a medium flame, for a minute or until nice aroma comes without changing its colour. Keep aside.
- Boil 1 & 1/2 cup of water with salt and then Add mango pulp to it. (totally 2 cups of liquids). Mix well
- Add the roasted rava to it. Keep stirring to avoid forming lumps.
- Stir for 2 minutes in medium flame. Then lower the flame and cook covered until the rava is soft.
- Add sugar and cardamom and mix well. Keep stirring until it thickens. It will loosen.
- Add rest of the ghee and mix well. Once it leaves the sides of the pan, add cashew nuts and mix well.
Mango Kesari is ready. Serve hot or in room temperature.
- Some Mango adds slight tanginess, so we can add salt to balance it. But it is your choice to add or not. Be sure to use only sweet mangoes.
- Choose mango that is sweet well ripen and less in fibre(naaru).
- Ghee and sugar can be adjusted as per your need.
- Make sure the rava is cooked perfectly well and soft before adding sugar.
Thank you. Please share, like and subscribe my channel.