Ragi also known as finger millet or Kezhvaragu. Finger millet has the highest calcium content among all the food grains. In wheat and rice, it is below 50 mg. No other food grain has such a high nutritive value. Millet is naturally high in protein and antioxidants and can help control blood sugar and cholesterol. Including millets in your diet will go a long way in improving your health in general. So don’t forget to include millets in our diet often.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 2
- Finger millet flour – 1 cup
- Drumstick leaves – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chilli – 1 or 2
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- In a pan, temper with mustard and urad dal in oil. Add finely chopped onion, green chilli to it and fry till onion turns transparent.
- Add chopped tomato, washed drumstick leaves to it.
- Fry in medium or low flame for 2 minutes until it shrinks. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add ragi flour and salt to it. Mix well.
- Mix required water and make a dough. Divide into equal sized balls.
- In a banana leaf or a food grade sheet like ziploc or butter paper or aluminum foil sheet, grease and flatten the ragi adai evenly to medium thickness.
- Heat tawa with oil and transfer the adai to it by carefully inverting the paper over the tawa and peeling the paper off.
- Cook in medium flame covered with a lid for one or two minutes. Flip and cook for one more minute.
Serve hot with any chutney or sambar.
- Make sure to cook drumstick leaves in low heat. Otherwise it will turn dry.
- Add salt only when mixing the dough.
- You can add buttermilk or hot water to make the adai soft.
- Add green chilli generously. Otherwise it will be bland. You can also add red chilli powder in place of green chilli.
Thank you. Meet you soon with another easy and tasty recipe.
Please like, share and subscribe.
|Murungai Keerai poriyal / Drumstick leaves / Moringa leaves||https://youtu.be/HU1zDZX7JeU|
|Kuthiraivali upma Barnyard millet upma||https://youtu.be/hiHe3bTUTsI|
|SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN TAMIL||https://youtu.be/aw2I8NZb0h8|
|SAAMAI ARISI PONGAL IN ENGLISH SUBTITLE||https://youtu.be/9f80LMaJhVs|
|Ragi Kanji sweet and salt||https://youtu.be/uKHe1VxXPpo|