Simple and healthy asparagus recipe in indian style. It is a stir fry with coconut paste. This asparagus thoran almost looks and tastes like Beans thoran. This is low carb and high fat, so absolutely keto and paleo friendly.
- Asparagus – 500gms
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water to cook
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 1
- Garlic – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Onion – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Clean and chop the asparagus just like beans. Discard the lower end , which is hard to cut.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds, garlic and green chili to a paste with little water
- Heat coconut oil and season the ingredients listed under ‘For seasoning’
- Add in the chopped asparagus and saute in the oil for 5 mins
- Add 1/4 cup of water or less to cook the asparagus. Add turmeric powder, salt and close the lid to cook
- Once the asparagus is cooked well, add coconut paste and cook for another 5 to 10 mins without lid, until it becomes dry.
Switch off and serve the delicious indian style Asparagus Thoran / Asparagus stir fry.
Please do check out my other Low carb recipes too…
Visit my youtube channel HemsLobby for more recipes.